A beautiful hand crafted wooden case made out of high quality birch Multiplex panels for Arturia KeyStep and Behringer Model-D and/or other Eurorack compatible modules. The design is leaned towards the original Minimoog Model-D but in a smaller shape. Like the original, the housing of the synthesizer module can be tilted.
Being able to house the Behringer Model-D, the Arturia KeyStep and additional Eurorack modules, it provides great space for creativity.
- Handcrafted and custom built
- Back can be tilted into several angles
- Eurorack format for Behringer Model D, Neutron or many other Eurorack compatible modules
- High quality materials
- Plywood – The birch multiplex panels are cut by CNC technology in Germany. The layers that make up plywood are intentionally glued together at alternating right angles. This is what gives it both strength and durability. This cross-graining also reduces the chances of the wood splitting when nailing at the edges, and it makes the wood resistant to warping, cracking, and twisting. The way plywood is made also ensures a consistent strength across the entire length of the wood. From an environmental perspective, birch trees are an abundant, fast growing species. There is no destruction or disruption of biodiversity when birch is felled. It is better to opt for this renewable source than other options that might have a negative impact on the environment.
- OSMO hard wax oil – Osmo Polyx® Oils are developed from natural oils and waxes to provide the most hardwearing and durable protection for wooden flooring and furniture. The wood’s true beauty is accomplished by using Osmo Polyx®-Oil. The emphasis on the wood’s grain and natural characteristics provides a warm and rich effect to ensure that any interior looks luxurious and elegant. Each wood has its own style and unique charm, and is seductive from the first sight. https://www.osmouk.com
- colorfab PLA 3D printer filament – This semi-matte PLA filament eliminates the glossy appearance seen on most PLA 3D prints. The highlights on the surface will be less visible, resulting in an overall cleaner and much higher quality look. colorFabb is built on a few solid principles: delivery of high quality solutions to meet our customers’ demand / needs. Whether it’s filament, advice or a 3D printer the colorFabb team, consisting of dedicated professionals will help you. Based in Belfeld, the Netherlands, colorFabb operates from a state of the art 3D Printing Technology Center. https://colorfabb.com/
- Gie-Tec Eurorack aluminium profiles – Sophisticated technology and intelligent solutions at a fair price – Made in Germany https://gie-tec.de
The shipment contains only the pre-assembled case with 3D printed PLA parts and aluminium profile rails.
Keystep, Behringer Model-D and Cables as well as any power supply for additional modules are not included!
Shipment 2 weeks after order date.
For installation and connection between Arturia Keystep and Behringer Model-D, Midi cables with flat jacks are required (see optional items below)
One Control 50 cm Midi cable to connect the Behringer Model D MIDI IN with the Arturia Keystep MIDI OUT.
Rockboard flat midi cable 300 cm to connect the Arturia Keystep MIDI IN to other Hardware MIDI OUT
Eurorack Blind Panels
Panels can be custom 3D printed out of PLA as per provided dimensions. Available colors: blue, red, black.
The idea of building a wooden case for the Behringer Model-D came up short after I recieved my Model-D. In April I started with the first designs and ordered the pre-cut plywood for the prototype. Contrary to the prototype, the final version differs as follows:
- The Eurorack case has slimmer side walls which gives 24mm more space for Eurorack Modules
- The case side panels are higher to give more space for cables underneath.
- The Eurorack is 1 cm deeper.
- The surface of the Multiplex panels are coated with hard oil wax instead of wood stain.
- Improved design and thicker 3D printed PLA beams for tilting the Eurorack.
20.05.2018: The first order of pre-cut Eurorack aluminium profile rails has arrived.
21.05.2018: The connection panel, the tilting mechanism and feed have been finalised.
12.07.2018: Back from vacation and arrived with a heavy suitcase full of tools and parts to build the cases. 2 parcels with pre-cut wood are still on the way to Qatar. As soon as the wood arrives, I will start with the production of the first cases. In addition I bought a Doepfer Spring Reverb A-199 and a Doepfer Small Supply/Bus A-100 which I will build in into my prototype case. Several types of filament for the 3D printer have been ordered and should arrive at the same time as the wood.
22.07.2018: The pre-cut plywood arrived and production of the first units started. Cases can be ordered now. Production time after order will be 2 weeks.