I finished another Jasper Synth (EDP WASP clone). For this Jasper I'm using a slightly re-designed 3D printed case which fits into a desktop stand. For the first time I'm using PETG instead of PLA for the case. PETG is a bit more flexible and not as brittle like PLA printed items. (link: PLA vs PETG ) The Japser comes with MIDI IN and OUT and the switch for 2 different "hold" functions.
The Jasper enclosure is 3D printed (glued together) and consists of the Jasper enclosure and a desktop stand with a wooden element. The Jasper is ready and fully functional but I'm currently waiting for a shipment of screws to finalize the assembly of the casing. The wood on the photo will get a finish with hard oil wax.
- 2 x DCO (32', 16', 8', 4', 2') with saw, enhanced, pulse (DCO 1 variable pulse width)
- Mix level control for each DCO
- 2 x ADS EG (1xVCA + 1xVCF), both with repeat function
- 1 * Noise Generator
- 1 x VCF with low pass, band pass, high and notch
- 1 x LFO (about 0.55Hz to 100Hz) with saw, square, sine, random and noise filter is resonant (but not self-oscillating)
- hold function
- Glide Bend
- External audio input (DCO independent)
- MIDI in/out
- DCO 2 pitch
- Tune Two octave capacitative touch "keyboard"
- Headphone and line outs
- 'Link' port to connect to other Jaspers (Wasps, Gnats or Spiders)
- External envelope trigger input
The Jasper Synth is a DIY project. PCBs are available from the UK. The Synth comes with the build-in Midi kit.
3D printed with PETG Prusament black.
Some Photos for the Jasper Synth
demo I uploaded a demo of the synthesiser on youtube. It's exactly the offered synthesizer but the video is showing a pre-version of the final casing.