A hand crafted wooden case made out of high quality birch Multiplex panels for Arturia KeyStep and Behringer Model-D and/or other Eurorack compatible modules. The design is leaned towards the original Minimoog Model-D but in a smaller shape. Like the original, the housing of the synthesizer module can be tilted.
Being able to house the Behringer Model-D, the Arturia KeyStep and additional Eurorack modules, it provides great space for creativity.
- Handcrafted and custom built
- Back can be tilted into several angles
- Eurorack format for Behringer Model D, Neutron or many other Eurorack compatible modules
- High quality materials
- PLA connection panel on the back
- Plywood - The birch multiplex panels are cut by CNC technology in Germany. The layers that make up plywood are intentionally glued together at alternating right angles. This is what gives it both strength and durability. This cross-graining also reduces the chances of the wood splitting when nailing at the edges, and it makes the wood resistant to warping, cracking, and twisting. The way plywood is made also ensures a consistent strength across the entire length of the wood. From an environmental perspective, birch trees are an abundant, fast growing species. There is no destruction or disruption of biodiversity when birch is felled. It is better to opt for this renewable source than other options that might have a negative impact on the environment.
- Gie-Tec Eurorack aluminium profiles - Sophisticated technology and intelligent solutions at a fair price – Made in Germany https://gie-tec.de
Differences to the final DCASE
- The Eurorack case has thicker side walls.
- The case side panels are 1cm lower
- The Eurorack is only 6 cm instead of 7 cm deep
- The surface of the Multiplex panels are coated with wood stain.
20.05.2018: The first order of pre-cut Eurorack aluminium profile rails has arrived.
21.05.2018: The connection panel, the tilting mechanism and feed have been finalised.
12.07.2018: Back from vacation and arrived with a heavy suitcase full of tools and parts to build the cases. 2 parcels with pre-cut wood are still on the way to Qatar. As soon as the wood arrives, I will start with the production of the first cases. In addition I bought a Doepfer Spring Reverb A-199 and a Doepfer Small Supply/Bus A-100 which I will build in into my prototype case. Several types of filament for the 3D printer have been ordered and should arrive at the same time as the wood.