Beschreibung(Last Updated On: 19/10/2021)
2 STL files for site panes to modify the microKorg look into Minimoog style + STL files for the closing of the case underneath.
The modification of the microKORG is not difficult.
- Print the two site panels
- Remove all potentiometer caps and unscrew the 3 big pots. Carefully: the two Edit Select caps have screws which need to be unscrewed before pulling the caps off!
- Open the case with removing all screws on the lower surface.
- Unplug all internal cables.
- Unscrew all screws holding the PCB and Key-bed with the modulation and pitch bend wheels.
- Remove the PCB and Key-bed
- Cut carefully (!!!!) the upper and lower part into half. The cutting of the upper part can be done best with a sharp knife along the exiting edge underneath the metal panel. The lower part needs to be cut 125mm from the upper edge. Check if the measurements is correct with comparing them with the side panels before cutting!
- If you like to repaint the case, now is the perfect time before assembling everything together again.
- Assemble everything together. Make sure that you first plug all internal cables in before closing the two cases.
- Glue the side walls onto the lower and upper and ensure that everything is aligned. I recommend Cemedine Super-X glue since it allows to re-align the parts for a certain time. (Support the Key-bed case underneath with some cardboard or rubber feeds to ensure that it sits straight on the table) While the lower part with the Key-bed can be glued permanently together, be a little bit economical with the glue for the upper case. In case a re-opening is required, it should be possible to remove the upper case. This case can be secured by additional screws through the bearing of the side panels instead of only glue.
That’s it. Now the microKorg looks a lot better as shown on the examples pictures.